Project, program, functional managers and program sponsors who want to understand more about the differences between projects and programs and why and how to set up programs to increase the overall benefits to the organization. For project and program managers who which to take to PMI Program Management certification for program management. For consultants who have worked on projects and programs who wish to increase their understanding of project and programs as well the latest academic research findings such as project/program and portfolio success factors, leadership skills and competencies in terms of Emotional Quotient (EQ), Intelligence Quotient (IQ), Management Quotient (MQ) and Technical Quotient (TQ) for project, program, project portfolio and functional managers, which governance structures influence the selection, comprehensiveness and use of methodologies and many more topics of interest that will influence program success.
Program Management Professional
Who Should Attend
What Participants Will Learn
- o Increase your understanding of the differences between projects and programs and how they fit into portfolios
- o Understand how to select, plan and execute successful programs through instructor based learning, case study and workgroup sessions referencing PMI’s Standard for Program Management V3 and other reference material
- o How to prepare for the PMI PgMP exam with sample exam questions and detailed explanations of the answers
- o Gain the latest research into project, program and portfolio success factors based on the current academic research which will help to increase project and program success
Personal and Business Benefits
- o A deeper understanding of the hard and soft factors relating to program management
- o Prepare for the certification for PgMP and be part of a small elite club of program managers (less 1’500 world-wide).
- o The confidence in understanding how best to set up and run successful programs
- o Increased program success rates
- o The confidence of business success through the selection and running of programs
- o Take yourself to the next level of understanding and be seen as a mentor and leader in the field of programs and projects
Instructor led, group discussion, case study, group exercises, individual exercises, quizzes.
Day 1 and 2
- o Introduction
- o Program management performance domains
- o Program strategy alignment
- o Program Benefits management
- o Program stakeholder engagement
- o Program Governance
- o Program Life Cycle Management
- o Program management supporting processes
- o Code of Ethics & Professional Responsibility Review
- o Flash Performance Domains/Knowledge Areas (supporting processes)
- o Case Study
The case study day allows the participants to enact out a program from strategic selection, planning, execution, and closure. The participants work in teams during to the day and follow a structure that models the types of decisions and hence questions of the exam. During the case study, the teams will produce key program document deliverables (artifacts) and manage the types of internal and external influences on a program. The case study builds on the knowledge gained from the first three days of the course.
- o Questions and review
- o What comes after a career in program management?
- o Latest in project and program management research
- o Questions and close
Note to Attendees
Attendees need to bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Day 3 and 4 require extensive use of a laptop including printing (where the printer is provided by the hotel).
We currently run this course only as an in-house solution.