Dubai / 28 April 2019
Head-Professional Development Advisory
Mobile: +41 78 810 3581
Phone: +41 44 585 2775
An engaging training program, focusing on a pragmatic and practical approach to deliver a series of principles, concepts, frameworks, service topologies and capabilities to give unique and new insights into a service-oriented view of Enterprise-wide PMOs.
This certification course seeks to equip the participants with a clear method to understand the necessary depth of the topic so they can maximize their value to their organization and create an Enterprise-wide PMO Service strategy (including an Enterprise-wide PMO Services topology) with its underlying services. The course will also cover the piloting, implementing, running and, when necessary, transforming/retiring of one or more services.
AIPMO’s integrated frameworks will be covered to ensure a contextual positioning of the PMO Services, especially at the enterprise level.
Throughout the program, references will be made to the participants’ environment to encourage discussions that can help to address and/or put perspective to participants’ daily challenges, ‘grounding the theory’ and making it practically useful. The course is a mixture of teacher/instructor lead and participative activities where the delegates engage in interactive exercises. If time permits, cutting-edge research will be discussed for example AIPMO’s research-driven PMO principle-based maturity model where one of the maturity dimensions relates to PMO Services.
This is a unique course and will provide insights that have never been shared before as they will be part of the upcoming AIPMO book on PMO Services and Capabilities. The attendees will be able to share and discuss ideas based on new knowledge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- PMO Directors needing to understand how to create the PMO Enterprise-wide service offer which is a part of the AIPMO Strategic framework (also contains the Enterprise PMO Topology)
- PMO Managers, PMO team members, and Project managers wishing to understand how to create PMO Services following AIPMOs PMO Service Lifecycle framework TM
- Any senior project stakeholder wishing or needing to be part of a project team and understand/take the lead on supporting the development of PMO Services
- Consultants and other professionals who need to deepen their knowledge
- PMO Sponsors, who would like to learn more about how to increase the value of their PMOs and directly benefit their role and their peers in the organization
- Analyze how to apply the AIPMO PMO Services Lifecycle Framework in your organization
- Debate how to support the PMO manager and/or director in creating a PMO Services strategy including a PMO Services topology
- Assess and describe how to create PMO Service SLAs
- Propose how to create and manage the PMO Services catalog
- Explain how to coach and mentor people on the AIPMO service-oriented approach to PMOs
- Describe how to run one or more PMO Services
- Articulate how to contribute to increasing PMO maturity from the PMO Services dimension
The training approach includes:
- Short and focused theory blocks
- Realistic team exercises
- Group discussions on pertinent topics
- Analysis of information and presentations of conclusions
- Realistic role plays
- Personal coaching (if time allows)
- Exam – 1 hour with 50 multiple choice questions
- Discussing the exam answers
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: The Importance of being an expert in Services and Capabilities
- Module 3: AIPMO’s Journey to design and develop the first PMO Services and Capabilities reference book
- Module 4: PMO Services Lifecycle Framework
- Module 5: PMO Service Strategy
- Module 6: PMO Service Design
- Module 7: PMO Service Pilot and Implement
- Module 8: PMO Services Operations
- Module 9: PMO Service – Transform or retire
Dr. Robert Joslin – Professor, Founder of the Associaton of International PMOs and the co-author of the AIPMO body of knowledge©, PfMP, PgMP, IEEE, CEng is a project/program/portfolio management consultant, instructor, and academic researcher. He has 20 plus years in designing, initiating project and program management delivery of large scale business transformation, reengineering, infrastructure, strategy development initiatives including winning prizes for ideas and product innovation. Previously, he has been a consultant in wide-range of industries including telecom, banking, insurance, manufacturing, and direct marketing whilst working for McKinsey & Co, Logica and his own consulting company.
Robert has published many books, chapters and research papers in the field of project, program and portfolio management and presents his research at conferences such as PMI research and the European management conference (EURAM). He won the best paper award for EURAM – PMI and IPMA conference in 2015. Robert is the founder and organizer of the annual PMI Swiss program management conferences which is the biggest PMI event in Switzerland where researchers and senior practitioners present their latest findings.
In addition, Robert is a peer reviewer for research papers submitted to PMI’s Project Management Journal and the International Journal of Project Management which are the top two research journals for projects, programs, and portfolios. As a trainer/coach Robert has trained many PMO, project and program managers in Europe, USA and the Middle East including using in his own developed PMO information structuring methodology aligned and complementing the PMI standards. Robert in the process of authoring a book on Portfolio, Program and Project management Success Factors based on ten years of academic research.