PMO Methodologies, Selection & Tailoring
Riyadh / 30July 2019
Head-Professional Development Advisory
Mobile: +41 78 810 3581
Phone: +41 44 585 2775
There are many ways to manage projects and PMOs; however, no single way works every time in a given context. Therefore, it is important to understand when and how to use different methodologies, integrate them and even have purpose-built methodologies that can lead your teams across projects, programs and portfolios (PPP). As projects, programs, portfolio and PMO leaders, managers and team members, it is important to understand the importance of methodologies on PPP, what are the mainstream methodologies, their strengths, weaknesses and their contribution to success. Also, how to select, maintain and tailor methodologies to achieve project and PMO success.
This 1-day course will cover how to select and tailor the most applicable methodology for your organization, how to deal with the differences in methodologies and why is it important to integrate the PMO management methodology into PPP.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Those responsible to define and implement methodologies in the organization
- Consultants involved in projects/programs/portfolio methodologies
- Project managers, portfolio, program and PMO managers
- Anyone interested in and impacted by methodologies.
- Know how to select and tailor the most applicable methodology for your organization
- Impact of governance practices on a methodology and success
- Why PMOs need to have a purpose-built methodology and not a project methodology
- How to support Agile, traditional and hybrid methodologies
- How to measure maturity in a PMO and PPP and the relationship to methodologies
- What being a methodology custodian really means.
The training approach includes:Lecture
- Team exercises
- Group discussions on pertinent topics
- Presentations and role play
- Personal coaching (if time allows)
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Project Management methodologies
- Module 3: PMO Management methodologies
- Module 4: How to select a methodology
- Module 5: Tailoring a methodology
- Module 6: PMOs—the custodian of all methodologies
- Module 7: PPP and PMO maturity models
Recognized as one of the best Project Management consultants in the region and a world-class speaker, Mohammed Khalifa possesses a unique combination of technical knowledge and broad-based business management skills, gained from more than twenty years of experience in information technology & business management. Mohammed Khalifa has remained focused on project management for the last fifteen years. Mohamed Khalifa has used internationally acclaimed standards to successfully manage very complex projects. With a rich history of working with multinational companies, Mohammed Khalifa has also gained valuable experience in dealing with a culturally diverse workforce.
Mohamed Khalifa has actively managed and supported projects in Singapore, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Sudan, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates. Mohamed Khalifa managed spanned various sectors including IT, Research, Oil & Gas, Telecom and Government.
Mohamed Khalifa developed, implemented and operated many Project/Program Management Offices (PMO), conducted OPM3 assessment and implement Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) MS Project 2007, 2010 and 2013. He has hands-on experience in automation of project planning, control, reporting and contract administration through Primavera / Microsoft Enterprise Project Management.
Mohamed Khalifa is the first certified Program Management Professional (PgMP), PMI certified Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP), PMI certified Agile Practitioner (PMI-ACP) and Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) and Organization Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3) Assessor and Consultant in Kuwait.
Mohamed Khalifa participated as a Speaker in PMI North America and PMI EMEA Global Congress and leadership meeting and other PMI events in Texas, New Orleans, Florida, San Diego, Van Cover, Marcel France, Istanbul Turkey, London UK, Dubai UAE, Singapore, Kuwait, KSA, Oman, Seoul South Korea, Hong Kong, Bahrain.
Mohamed Khalifa is an aPRO Recognized Assessor from American Society for the Advanced Project Management. Mohamed Khalifa is PMI LMC Alumni in 2013.