PMO in Agile Environments
Riyadh / 28 July 2019
Head-Professional Development Advisory
Mobile: +41 78 810 3581
Phone: +41 44 585 2775
Agile as a way to deliver projects, programs and portfolios (PPP) is gaining more and more popularity because of the inherent benefits. The PMOs that are supporting PPPs in an agile environment have to face a lot of challenges; however, the PMO needs to add value through building and designing services that are suited for such an environment.
The PMO has to play different roles in an uncertain environment to maximize the value it can deliver. For PMOs to support agile PPP, agile services requirements need to be gathered and services and capabilities should be particularly built and designed for an agile environment. This is an opportunity for PMOs to help build the knowledge and capability when faced with uncertainty.
This 1-day course covers how PMOs can start addressing the necessary challenges; particularly uncertainty and change, use different PMO roles to coach, train and advise to support organizational change, build the gaps in services and capabilities and add value to projects, programs and portfolios using agile methods.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Project and program management professionals
- Senior management, IT managers, portfolio, program and PMO managers/directors and PMO core team members
- Consultants (involved in projects and/or organizational change)
- Those responsible to define and implement governance practices in the organization.
- Understand the importance of PMOs supporting PPP using agile method, the challenges, and how PMOs can add value
- Understand what exactly is an agile environment, the principles and how to align them with your PMO principles to lead and support
- Learn how a PMO can add value using a framework approach to building and designing PMO services for an organization using agile methods across projects, programs and portfolios
- Identify and assess the various roles a PMO can have in organization using agile methods and how it can use those roles to support and advise efficiently and effectively
- Analyze PMO principles and assess how to define them for an agile environment
The training approach includes:
- Team exercises
- Group discussions on pertinent topics
- Presentations and role play
- Personal coaching (if time allows)
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Agile Environment
- Module 3: Agile Mindset to implement, Manage and Improve PMO Services
- Module 4: Value Management in an Agile Environment
- Module 5: Aligning PMOs to the Agile environment
- Module 6: Closing and Recap
Recognized as one of the best Project Management consultants in the region and a world-class speaker, Mohammed Khalifa possesses a unique combination of technical knowledge and broad-based business management skills, gained from more than twenty years of experience in information technology & business management. Mohammed Khalifa has remained focused on project management for the last fifteen years. Mohamed Khalifa has used internationally acclaimed standards to successfully manage very complex projects. With a rich history of working with multinational companies, Mohammed Khalifa has also gained valuable experience in dealing with a culturally diverse workforce.
Mohamed Khalifa has actively managed and supported projects in Singapore, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Sudan, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates. Mohamed Khalifa managed spanned various sectors including IT, Research, Oil & Gas, Telecom and Government.
Mohamed Khalifa developed, implemented and operated many Project/Program Management Offices (PMO), conducted OPM3 assessment and implement Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) MS Project 2007, 2010 and 2013. He has hands-on experience in automation of project planning, control, reporting and contract administration through Primavera / Microsoft Enterprise Project Management.
Mohamed Khalifa is the first certified Program Management Professional (PgMP), PMI certified Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP), PMI certified Agile Practitioner (PMI-ACP) and Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) and Organization Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3) Assessor and Consultant in Kuwait.
Mohamed Khalifa participated as a Speaker in PMI North America and PMI EMEA Global Congress and leadership meeting and other PMI events in Texas, New Orleans, Florida, San Diego, Van Cover, Marcel France, Istanbul Turkey, London UK, Dubai UAE, Singapore, Kuwait, KSA, Oman, Seoul South Korea, Hong Kong, Bahrain.
Mohamed Khalifa is an aPRO Recognized Assessor from American Society for the Advanced Project Management. Mohamed Khalifa is PMI LMC Alumni in 2013.