Your instructor: Laurent KummerDBA(c), PM² and PMO Consultant, Coach, Author of “The Lean Project Manager”
Laurent Kummer is a seasoned professional with over 20 years of experience in leading projects and project teams. Consultant and entrepreneur, he is also involved in academic research on Project management methodologies. He is one of the key contributors to PM², the official project management methodology of the European Institutions, which has been released to the public in 2016. As a teacher, he has been sharing his passion for project management through countless classes, lectures, and seminars over the last ten years and keeps current by leading several projects at the highest level of the European Commission.
He has developed a deep expertise in EU-funded development and research projects. Laurent used to represent the Belgian project management community at the International Standard Organization and has participated at the making of the ISO 21500 standard family on project management. Before this, he spent over a decade leading quality and IT infrastructure programs for General Electric in France, Eastern Europe, and Middle East. During his time in various sectors (banking, aviation, energy, oil & gas), Laurent earned a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification and since then has been a pioneer and active promoter of Lean project management, and, in 2017, he authored his best seller “The Lean Project Manager". Laurent holds an engineering degree in Computer Science from the French National School of Electronics and several project management (PMP, PM²) and Agile certifications (Scrum, PM² Agile).
- EINSEIRB 1999
Engineering degree, Computer Sciences, Bordeaux (FR)
- ALMA MATER EUROPAEA
Doctoral Program on Project Management, Maribor (SI)
Contributions to leading practice
- PM² Guide version 2.5 – European Commission 2016 – co-author
- The Lean Project Manager – 2017 – author
- “The Lean Project Manager: Applying principles from Lean manufacturing to the project management practice” – 2017 – Proceedings of Society of Project Management International Conference, Munich.
- PM² Guide version 3 – European Commission 2018 – editor
- PM² for EU funded Development Projects – European Commission 2019 – co-author
- PM² Guide – French version – European Commission 2021
- Sustainability and project resilience (Thesis WIP – 2022)