Influencing Senior Management
Zürich / 15 July 2019
Head-Professional Development Advisory
Mobile: +41 78 810 3581
Phone: +41 44 585 2775
Built around the proven R5® strategic influencing framework, this seminar recognizes that some professionals and managers have developed careers which require deep knowledge of a certain area (e.g. engineering, accounting, HR), but provide little opportunity to act in a general management role, meaning that new techniques are required to move up the management ladder.
The programme helps you to develop powerful techniques to influence and advise executives in a strategic management environment. This helps to accelerate the development of a broader way of thinking and engaging with colleagues and providing greater influence with senior managers and executives.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is suitable for a wide range of people, including project/programme managers, operational managers, functional specialists, and other professionals. Job titles who have attended previous courses include Senior Programme Manager, PMO Manager, Senior Finance Manager, Sales Director, HR Partner, Senior Manager, Engineering Director, VP Sales, Portfolio Manager, Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Research Manager, Research Unit Head, Chief Planner, Head of Scheduling, Head of Administration
A broad audience, but especially suitable for people wishing to move from a specialist role, into general management
Highly interactive with multiple group and individual activities
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Rapport building when Inuencing (Creating Trust)
- Module 3: Researching when Inuencing (Identifying the key relationships)
- Module 4: Rationalising when Inuencing (Choosing your working partners)
- Module 5: Recommending when Inuencing (Getting the right decisions)
- Module 6: Rapport Building when Consulting (Giving the right advice)
- Module 6: Researching when Consulting (Facilitating your clients)
- Module 7: Rationalizing when Consulting (Recognizing opportunities and risks)
- Module 8: Recommending when Consulting (Making your point)
- Module 9: Rapport building when Strategising (Strategy as a dialogue)
- Module 10: Researching when Strategising (Analysing strategy)
- Module 11: Rationalizing when Strategising (Planning for strategic execution)
- Module 12: Recommending when Strategising (Making your business case)
- Module 13: Final Exercise (Duration Two Hours)
- Review and Close
James started his career in industry, gaining international and domestic experience in the sales and marketing function, before entering management consulting, where he worked on managing the change arising from ERP implementations, data warehouse constructions, website creation, and similar large scale programs, for global organizations.
He has also facilitated learning seminars since 2002, both open enrolment and in a company, gaining experience in over 35 countries on four continents, across a wide range of industry sectors, including the private sector, NGO and the public sector.
His background allows James to mix a highly practical, yet rigorous approach to management development and he is known for a relaxed and friendly style.
James holds a Master of Science degree in Consulting, the prestigious IPMO-E certification and has been PMP® certified since 2003.